Chapter 12 – Peace is Inside You

The seeker Janak explains his inner position:


Earlier I got fed up with doings of this body

Then I got fed up with my endless speeking, thoughts

Now I am fed up with worries of this mind

Therefore now I have settled down within my-Self as it is. 12.1



Having lost interest in my thoughts and

in the invisibility of my-Self and
in concentrating my mind;

I am now stopped and settled within my-Self as it is. 12.2



For meditation also efforts are needed
to control the distracted mind;
Understanding this rule
I am ok as I am. 12.3 

Having relieved of the dilemma of
Holding or Leaving anything in life and;
In absence of excitement or grief
I am now established in my-Self as I am. 12.4

To live with a family
To live alone, To meditate
To leave something I love
These are all choices of my mind only;
Having seen and understood this
I am now back to my-Self as I am. 12.5

Just as the feeling of ‘doing things’ is ignorance
So as the feeling ‘not doing things’ is ignorance;
Having realized this truth
I have stopped within my-Self as I am. 12.6 

Thinking about the Unthinkable
One just gathers more thoughts;
Having dropped thinking itself
I am now resting as I am. 12.7

Some become relaxed only after long efforts
But those who are relaxed by nature need no efforts. 12.8

End of Chapter 12

No comments:

Post a Comment