Chapter 20 - Ecstasy is Inexplicable

The seeker King Janak continues narrating his inner ecstatic state:

In my faultless formless Self there is no trace of the
five elements like water fire air earth ether;
No trace of this body or body parts or even mind or
absence or presence of anything. 20.1

For the indivisible me whose dilemmas are gone
There is no trace of any scriptures, knowledge or
mind, contentment or desirelessness. 20.2

As I stay in my formless Self, For me
There is neither knowledge nor ignorance
neither me nor mine
neither this nor that
neither freedom nor bondage. 20.3 

For the one in whom nothing is left
There are no pre-destined actions,
There is no need for freedom
from this body or this life. 20.4

As I am now settled within my attribute-less Self
There is no doer or bearer of actions in me
There are no spontaneous actions or reactions
There are no direct or indirect consequences to bear by me. 20.5

For me who has become one with my indivisible Self
Nothing in this world matters now
Neither ordinary people nor the seekers of truth
Neither learned ones nor ignorant ones
Neither attached ones nor detached ones. 20.6

For the one indivisible my Self there is
no creation and no dissolution of this world
no target and no means to achieve it
no seeker and nothing to seek. 20.7

In my spotless faultless Self there is
No knower, no knowledge, nothing to know
Nothing is present nothing is absent
Nothing is available nothing is missing. 20.8

There is neither distraction nor concentration
Neither knowledge nor ignorance
Neither excitement nor sadness
in my ever resting action-less Self. 20.9

In my thoughtless empty Self there is
No distinction of this reality and that ultimate reality
No difference in happiness and sorrow. 20.10

There are no divisions of this world and its illusions
There is neither love nor hatred
There is neither any being nor any God
in my ever clean spotless Self. 20.11 

In my ever indivisible unchangeable Self
There are no perversions or aversions
Neither freedom nor bondage. 20.12

In my ever spotless indefinable Self
There is no teaching no scriptures
No disciple no master
Not even God. 20.13

There is neither existence nor non-existence
Neither Oneness nor duality
What else can be said ?
I have no more words to express my Self. 20.14

End of Chapter 20


End of the dialogue between seeker King Janak and seer Sage Ashtavakra

1 comment: