Chapter 2 – The Seeker is Surprised

The Seeker narrates his first encounter with him Self :

It is surprising that I am Innocent Peaceful and
Just Awareness which is even beyond nature;
I was just befooled by attachment for so long. 2.1

Just as my body is illuminated by my Self
so is this world illuminated by my Self ;
Hence either this world is mine or nothing is mine. 2.2

It is amazing that by just seeing my Self
separate from my body and this world;
how clearly is Reality now visible to me. 2.3

Just as waves foam bubbles are not separate from water;
So is this world, emanating from me not separate from me. 2.4

Just as dissecting every cloth reveals thread as its base;
So are we all and this world just energy in different forms. 2.5 

Just as the sweetness in sugarcane juice exists
because of it and pervades it;
So does this world appears
because of me and is sustained by me. 2.6

As long as I do not know my Self so long the world seems real;
Just as a rope seems a snake as long as I do not know the rope. 2.7

Light is my form
I am not different from it;
When the world shines
It shines through me. 2.8

Surprisingly this imagined world appears in me due to ignorance only;
Just as silver appears in sea-shell due to colour,
a snake appears in a rope due to darkness and
water drops appear in desert due to sunrays. 2.9

This world, existing because of me will dissolve into me;
Just as a pot into clay, wave into water and ornaments into metal. 2.10

I am surprised! I bow to my Self which is indestructible in me;
As my Self survives even when the whole world is destroyed. 2.11

This is strange! I bow to my Self
which even with a body does not come or
go anywhere and pervades the world. 2.12

This is amazing! I bow to my Self
which has even without touching the body
sustained this world since long. 2.13

I am astonished! I bow to my Self
in which nothing exists or
everything that can be said or thought exists in it. 2.14

Knower knowledge and the known actually do not exist;
Inadvertently wherein they appear That transparent one I am. 2.15 

Surprisingly the root cause of suffering is seeing life as divided
and there is no remedy to it;
Everything visible is dreamlike
Only I am the one spotless essence of existence. 2.16

I am just awareness
inadvertently I have imagined many titles;
Continuously reflecting thus
I am in choiceless state. 2.17

Surprisingly the world appearing in me,
actually does not exist in me;
Neither my bondage nor freedom is real,
This illusion vanished on becoming support-less. 2.18

This is certain that the world alongwith this body is nothing;
My Self is pure existence;
Now where else can it be imagined. 2.19 

Body, heaven and hell,
freedom bondage and fear
are all just thoughts;
What I - the ever existing have to do with these thoughts.  2.20

Surprisingly even in crowd nothing seems separate to me;
Like a forest they all look alike,
To whom should I cling to.  2.21

Neither I am body nor this body is mine,
I am not any other body as well
I am just being existence;
My only bondage was my craving to stay alive. 2.22

Surprisingly in the endless ocean of my Self
when winds of mind blow;
They cause tremendous waves of dualties of life
but the ocean of my Self remains quite. 2.23 

In the endless ocean of my Self
when the winds of mind stop
unfortunately a person and its ship of life comes to an end. 2.24

How wonderful it is that
in the endless of ocean of my Self
by a natural process people, like waves
come into being, fight and play with each other
and finally cool down into my Self. 2.25

End of Chapter 2

No comments:

Post a Comment